Lorenzo's Mobile & Online Blog

- If you're a person that has lived on the east coast mostly all of your life.. and thought that California was the land of sunshine and beautiful people.. (thanks to the countless tv shows depicting Orange County) well, you're only half right.. it's not the case up here in North California. And this is how i'm experiencing it.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Finally got my photos developed..

Before work yesterday, i left a few minutes early to stop by Target and drop my photos on the computer with my USB disk in hand. it was going to be ready in like 40 minutes, but i didn't have time to wait, since i had to go to work.

Surprisingly enough when the receipt printed out.. my estimated pick-up time is 4:20 pm. typical humboldt county. lame.

and so i worked. worked worked worked at starbucks.

i saw a new face in store, her name was Carly and she was training for the new Fortuna starbucks store location opening in about a week or so.. I really wanted to train her and show her around. I eventually did, and it was exciting. I love training people. Not because it gives me a sense of authority, but i like to give em a "this-is-what-you-do-&-this-is-what-you-get" approach of working at starbucks. So i pointed out many of the key things around the store, like the frappuccino bases & how many pumps of syrup go into what size cup. etc..

So anyways.. ooooh. omg. there's this one guy name elliot. blonde, tall, and i believe about 18 years of age. as jeff dropped me off at work, elliot started leaving the store on his bike, he saw and waved at me. jeff even wondered who he was. lol. and then an hour or so later.. elliot returned again!! but dressed up in a suit. he's always has his ipod earbuds in his ears. heh. i asked if he was going to a job interview since he dressed up.. but instead just said.. "just because". lol. ok then. later that night.. i was closing and we just locked the doors 10 minutes ago.. and elliot shows up and tried to open the doors but couldnt. i would've let him in, but only if he cleaned up the store while i watched. haha. i had a feeling he wanted to see me. lol. oh no. someone's obsessed with me. he seems to come to my store whenever i work. this isn't a bad thing. im just surprised when i meet a decent looking person that doesnt give me the impression that they smoke weed or use drugs. and besides. he's very cute too. lol. jeff thinks so too. yeah. i said it.

and then 5 minutes later, jeff came by and picked me up from work. we went over to Target to get my photos. and Target is FAST. seriously. 1-hour photos? heck yeah. I wouldn't want to drop my photos off at Costco because when photos are finished developing, they are placed in a open shelving area where anyone can just pick it up and take it to the counter. A bit stupid if you ask me, i wouldn't want someone rummaging through my photos. But the person that's developing the photo is the only person that can see em. (so here's a tip, if you photographed something scandalous.. i suggest not getting it developed..)

and the photos turned out great. well obviously, i edited them first on my computer. LOL. i had to resize them to 4x6 inches so that when they got developed, they weren't cut off (compared to the first time i did it). but yeah.. some photos are from my trip to southern California, the cruise to the Caribbean, and some pics from & for Starbucks. My original starbucks photo of me sitting on the counter and eating a donut was "inappropriate". It just amuses me how that photo had been posted for everyone to see for more than 3 or 4 months and then finally taken down because it was not suitable for starbucks. yeah. it just disappoints me since my photo isn't up there. But now, one of the photos that i got developed will finally go up there. On the espresso machines along with everyone else's polaroid snapshot. And a few will go on a different board of miscellaneous photos of people & pets.

anyways.. finals are coming up.. and i have to finish my assignments.. ehh. wish me luck.. and then north carolina!!!!!!!!!! :D