Lorenzo's Mobile & Online Blog

- If you're a person that has lived on the east coast mostly all of your life.. and thought that California was the land of sunshine and beautiful people.. (thanks to the countless tv shows depicting Orange County) well, you're only half right.. it's not the case up here in North California. And this is how i'm experiencing it.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Acrata's Oyster Fest

Today was the Oyster Fest in Arcata. (did you know that there's a town law that was passed a while ago that stopped corporate businesses to not come into the town anymore?) they still have some businesses like Bank of America that opened before that law was passed.

Welcome to hippie-ville.

Anyways.. I went with jeff and his co-workers.. We mainly just walked around the vendors selling food and types of oysters, like grilled, fried, raw, etc.. I had a fried prawn sushi roll. I love it. I've had it before when I went to Roy's in Orange County. It was cloudy that morning.. But the sun came out later, thanks to the gusty wind.

We all went to Healthsport gym afterwards and played my first racquetball game. Its actually pretty fun, I was good at it, since I made a bunch of points and I used to play tennis..

Yeah. And I didn't eat any oysters. Yuck.

~Lor