Lorenzo's Mobile & Online Blog

- If you're a person that has lived on the east coast mostly all of your life.. and thought that California was the land of sunshine and beautiful people.. (thanks to the countless tv shows depicting Orange County) well, you're only half right.. it's not the case up here in North California. And this is how i'm experiencing it.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fuckin' postal service!

Ok.. so guess what.. i went to the Post Office today to complain about the mail.. AGAIN!!
Me:
"hello, i have a problem with my mail being delivered. I haven't been receiving my mail and subscriptions for the past few weeks. I just received a notice from my college professor today that the document he sent to me was returned to him. I asked why it would be returned when it had the correct name and correct address printed on it? Is someone tampering or stealing my mail? It just doesn't make sense!"
Front Desk Man:
"ok, let me get the delivery supervisor up here.. *talks on speakerphone* could the delivery supervisor come up to the window please?' .. he should be here in a moment."
Me:
"thanks."
i waited for about 5 minutes.. and he arrived and asked what was the problem. i could tell he hated complaints from people. i told him the same thing i said to the man at the front desk. I showed him a letter (that a previous college professor had sent to me) i had received and had a return to sender/person has moved sticker under my correct name and correct address.
Me:
"also.. i have this letter that has my correct information but it has a return to sender & person has moved sticker on it. what's up with that? I still live in this address!"
he looked at it.. and he talked to me in a very commanding voice that tried to show authority. but when you talk to me like that, haha.. i'm game. i was talking like that the entire time. i didn't want to be the shy one and be like.. 'ok, so i guess it's my fault.. i'll just leave now.' haha.. fuck that. i'm not that stupid. i know it's not my fault. and i want it fucking fixed. and so the shift supervisor went to the back to probably smoke some crack or something.. while fixing my error.

i waited for more than 10 minutes for the guy to return. and during the wait.. there was this one woman who had a problem with her address being wrong and forwarded wrong. something dealing with the wrong number in her address. she was talking to the front desk man and he called up the same delivery supervisor to the front window and told her to move aside to where i was. i started talking to her..
Me:
"so.. do you have delivery problems like me?"
she told me of what happened.. and i was just nodding my head.. she was nice, but i just didnt remember what she said. haha. i was too caught up with my problem.
Me:
"hey, your problem isn't as big as mine.. i'm not even getting any mail. *showed her the letter with the return to sender label*"
eventually, the delivery supervisor came back and the woman was standing right next to me on the counter..
delivery supervisor:
"Do you still live in this address?"

Me:
"Of course i do! I wouldn't be coming here asking to fix this problem if i didn't live there."

delivery supervisor:
"Well, your mail isn't being delivered to you because you have forwarding on this address that says you have moved."

Me:
"WHATTTT?? How is that even possible? I still live there! Is there any documents or receipts that show proof of this forwarding to be enabled for my address? Is there something that someone has written to cause this.. and can i see it?"
he had a piece of paper with my last name and jeff's last name on the counter.. writing scribbles and lines under and on our names.
delivery supervisor:
"I dont have that information, it's all in San Francisco. Your mail has been forwarded because it said that you didn't live there anymore and this person *points to jeff's last name* was the previous occupant."

Me:
"Whatttt? that's totally wrong! he's my roommate! he lives with me in that same address! he hasn't moved anywhere! we both still currently live there!
the delivery supervisor continues to write lines and shit on the piece of paper while the woman standing next to me was just listening to the entire bantering and arguing between me and the man..
delivery supervisor:
"Ok, well i'll cancel the forwarding for both you and your roommate when i talk to [the person in charge.. idk] later today."
i didnt sense the sincerity of what he said.. since he worked my adrenaline borderline to the max. so i tried to make sure everything was in order.
Me:
"So once you cancel that forwarding, will ALL of my mail be sent to me now? i just want to make sure."

delivery supervisor:
"Yes, after talk to [the person in charge of dealing with that stuff] later today."

Me:
"Alright. thank you."
.. and i started to walk out and picked up my treo and called jeff to tell him of what has happend.

but seriously. the delivery supervisor was a jackass. he totally worked me up. don't underestimate who you're talking to just because i look like a teenager. I may look young, but i'm pretty fuckin' mature and smart.

i seriously want to just to get corporate USPS to investigate the EUREKA postal office. it's time to lay off the old and hire some new ones that can do their jobs correctly.